Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"Seedkeepers" - by an unknown Palestinian

Found here.

"Burn our Land
Burn our dreams.
Pour acid on our songs.
Cover with sawdust the blood of our massacred people.
Muffle with your technology the screams of all that is free, wild and
indigenous.
Destroy our grass and soil.
Raze to the ground every farm and every village our ancestors had
built.
Every tree, every home, every book, every law and all equity and
harmony.
Flatten with your bombs every valley.
Erase with your edits our past, our literature, our metaphor.
Denude the forest and the earth till no insect no bird no word can
find a place to hide.
Do that and more.
I do not fear your tyranny.
I do not despair ever.
For I guard a seed, a little live seed, that I shall safeguard and
plant again."

5 comments:

Chris said...

Great thing is, the conflict in Palestine is the direct result of Western racism against the Jews before and during WWII.

Josh said...

Ok...I don't see anything "great" about that.

Douglas Porter said...

You're a Republican! I'm sure you'll be able to eliminate the minority of racists that still vote Republican!

Josh said...

Why do you think I'm a Republican?

AND I'm not in the business of eliminating any minorities.

Chris said...

Just fishing.