Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Obama Illegally Threatens the UK To NOT Release Torture Information

I just a very depressing article by Glenn Greenwald from Salon.com.

One must truly wonder what is wrong with humanity today.

Binyam Mohamed was imprisoned and tortured in Guantanamo Bay. For 6 years he has been trying to obtain justice for these criminal. A recent lawsuit against the company that assisted in "rendering" him was tossed out of British court. The court originally ruled that there was credible evidence that Mohamed had been tortured and was entitled to obtain documents from the British government that detailed the CIA's treatment of him. The ruling was reversed after threats made by President Obama to the British government.

The following are excerpts of a letter authored by the Obama administration to the British government:





Given these threats, here is an excerpt from the reversal ruling:


Obama should be thrown in prison.

13 comments:

Douglas Porter said...

Can't say much here. This is just another in the long list of Obama's lies.

-He lied about making a woman's right to choose a top priority.
-He lied about chaning the Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy.
-He lied about closing Gitmo.

And now he has lied about opposing torture in government, probably because half of the Democratic party would be implicated in any inquiries which would result.

Douglas Porter said...

Unfortunately for your indeed, I go left.

Josh said...

That's alright. Listen, I would be all for Obama opening up on the abortion issue.

I would much more happier with him being honest and true to his supposed principles, even if I do not share them, then performing the evil actions he is under the guise of bringing "change" and "hope".

The lesser of two evils is still evil.

Douglas Porter said...

Well, his stance on torture is definitely evil. The rest of your view about him is paranoid libertardaroia.

Josh said...

His actions on torture are evil. His murdering of Pakistani and Afghans is evil. His illegal detainment and rendition of foreign civilians is evil.

I didn't realize this was libertardaroia.

Douglas Porter said...

Anything else is libertardoia.

I disagree with your statement on Afghanistan. I think the war there and our manipulations in Pakistan are just.

Josh said...

I'm not exactly sure what is just about those wars. But this where we figure out that you're not really anti-war.

You can rationalize the murder of civilians for a righteous cause, where I cannot.

Douglas Porter said...

"I'm not exactly sure what is just about those wars. But this where we figure out that you're not really anti-war."

I'm anti-unjust war.

"You can rationalize the murder of civilians for a righteous cause, where I cannot."

I can justify self-defense, right? Do you agree?

Josh said...

"I can justify self-defense, right? Do you agree?"

Please show me an example of self-defense in the past 8 years.

Douglas Porter said...

"Please show me an example of self-defense in the past 8 years."

You think that killing someone in self-defense should be a murder one offense?

Josh said...

"You think that killing someone in self-defense should be a murder one offense?"

Whats the example of self-defense?

Douglas Porter said...

"Whats the example of self-defense?"

Any standard example.

Josh said...

Such as. . .