Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Georgian College Student Saves Lives

I must always preface my pro-gun posts with a statement that I do not own a gun or have any particular love for guns. I have thought about investigating the purchase of one, however, the idea is against my nature and therefore will probably never do so.

However, for those who feel the need, I completely believe that individuals have the right to arm themselves. It is not for me to dictate to another how to protect him or herself, and thankfully one student in Georgia had armed himself. If he had not, himself and the students who were with him might not be alive today. You can read about it here.

These instances are not the sole reason I believe in the right to bare arms, but they do serve as a reminder of why we have this right and why our government should protect it, not attack it.

For those who do believe in gun-control, I'm sure the criminals wouldn't of had guns to commit this crime if only you could write your perfect gun-control law and if only those stupid red-necks in states like Georgia would let you pass it. . .right. . .

No comments: