Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sarah's Big Purchase

You would think me, being the male of the relationship, would have had to beg for a new TV. Not in this relationship. Sarah has been wanting one for months now, and I had done well to resist.

Don't get me wrong, I too longed for a large, clear, crisp screen to go along with my XBOX and for watching movies. Not to mention, I can now make good use of the surround sound system I won over a year ago.

I have just resisted the idea of spending the $$$. As I grow older, I grow cheap (Sarah says I've always been cheap).

However, the past couple of days I have grown weak. In my new job I work around mostly guys, who play video games constantly and talk about their beautiful TVs.

So I finally became weak, and Sarah finally has her new TV, and it is beautiful. It is my second love. I sit in front of it just to sit in front of it. I am awed by it. I never thought NHL 08 could ever be so amazing. Gladiator was stunning.

42", 1080p, LCD, Sharp Aquos

5 comments:

Chris said...

Sweet.

Josh said...

Its even sweeter without cable and watching CBC via antenna.

Douglas Porter said...

Are you sure it's kosher for a republican to watch the CBC?

Josh said...

I wouldn't call me a republican. Although, watching CBC can be very painful for me.

Chris said...

Republican in the classical sense.