Monday, August 3, 2009

Happy One-Year Anniversary To Us

View Larger Map

Today Sarah and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary together. In doing so, we decided to get out of the city for the day. I've wanted to explore the eastern shore a bit so, as displayed on the map, we decided to take a drive through Lawrencetown, to Clam Harbour beach, and then Taylor's Head. Each place had a beach; each beach was less busy as we drove.

The beach in Lawrencetown was huge, and packed, so we didn't even bother stopping.

Clam Harbour was also busy, but we decided to stop and walk the beach a bit anyway. We both thought this would be a nice place to come again. This beach is very large and expansive, so even though it was busy, we didn't feel as if we were stepping over-top of people much. As well, its warm water and large waves made this beach a very attractive place to come again. We never took our camera out here unfortunately.

Once we got to Taylor's Head we took out our chairs and sat on the beach for a while. It was a very relaxing afternoon and I finally finished a book I've been reading. I doubt we'd go back to Taylor's Head though. Even if it wasn't 2 hours away, the beach is not very expansive, the scenery is nothing spectacular (ironic that it's the only beach at which I took out my camera), and the water is cold and calm (we'd like some waves).

On the drive back we stopped at The Lobster Shack in Jeddore and had our anniversary dinner; my first lobster dinner since Dad's going away party in South Portland. . . I think. The lobster was delicious. Sarah only finished maybe a little over half of her lobster to I got to dig at her's as well; I'm still full. The view of salmon river from our window was spectacular, the service was friendly, the home made bread scrumptious, and the Jost L'Acadie Pinot Grigio wine we drank was delightful. We very much enjoyed our dinner. The owners run a bed and breakfast in the same building and we thought we might go there sometime if we felt the need to get out of the city for a weekend without going too far.

On the way back we drove by a house we might take a look at in Wellington. . .not a day goes by when we're not tempted to look at a house somewhere that's for sale.

Once we arrived home, we sat down to a slice of our wedding cake to finish off our 1-year anniversary. We had driven up to Sarah's parents place to retrieve the cake a few weeks ago to ensure we'd be able to fulfill this tradition. The cake was still very tasty even after a year in the freezer.

Below are a few photos I took along the way.

No comments: