Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Ron Paul on Morning Joe



Paul is on Morning Joe to promote his new book, End the Fed. I just finished reading it last night. A lot of it is stuff I've already heard and know. One review referred to it as a "meandering diatribe"; I think this is accurate. Paul is not the best writer. There was lots of interesting information in it. I liked reading about his lunches with Paul Volcker back when Volcker was chairman of the FED and how he came to understand economics the way he does. He also does a good job toward the end of the book seperating the reasons to end the FED into four different arguments: constitutional, moral, economical, and libertarian. It was a quick read at just over 200 pages and I would suggest it to anyone, whether you agree with Paul or not.

No comments: